Interview with Nik Patel
By Panama Crypto
1. What/who/how brought you to the $CRYPTO sphere aside the profitability?
Dogecoin. I stumbled across it on Reddit and thus began my journey into this space.
2. What are your interests/hobbies outside $CRYPTO?
Writing, reading, pubs and David Attenborough documentaries.
3. Could you elaborate what happened to you on Tuesday?
I was hacked via a remote access Trojan, that gained access to my PC after somehow bypassing my antivirus. This cleared out my local wallets whilst my PC was staking coins overnight. I made the rookie mistake of leaving a copy of my Bittrex 2FA on my PC somewhere, which the hacker evidently also found, because I woke up to an empty Bittrex account too. I never leave backup codes on my PC yet this one slipped by me — I must have copied it down intending to write it down and never did. Regardless, the rookie mistake made a bad situation even worse.
4. How could you have prevented this from happening?
I’m not sure about preventing the remote access Trojan since I have antivirus and a strong firewall etc but I will not be downloading wallets from new coins. As for the Bittrex hack, I just shouldn’t have left a backup 2FA code on my PC.
5. What would be the best $CRYPTO security advice you could give?
Use different email accounts for each exchange, and use a U2F key for those email accounts. Whitelist IP addresses and withdrawal addresses. Don’t download new wallets that seem sketchy just to mine launches. Use a password manager. Don’t use Windows.
6. Preferred weapons (indicators) of choice to do TA and why?
I don’t use any indicators except an SMA200 and volume. No stochastic, no RSI, no bollinger bands, nothing. Just price action.
7. What satisfies you the most in $CRYPTO
The potential for anyone to achieve financial freedom, the innovation and the community.
8. What disgusts you the most in $CRYPTO?
Loops shorting Bitcoin.
9. #1 recommendation to $CRYPTO noobs?
Learn risk management and security before anything else.
Article written by Panama Crypto
Follow him on Twitter
Original article posted here